Uplands Homestead, Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
A Private Villa or Lodge in South Africa
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Per House / Villa
A member of the
Set in a remote and tranquil valley and available for the sole use of families and parties of up to six, Uplands offers a private safari experience complete with a full contingent of friendly staff, including a dedicated chef and butler to take care of your every whim.
This elegant 1905 farmhouse has been lovingly restored to retain all the charm and grace of yesteryear without losing any of its renowned warmth and ambience.
Uplands Homestead strikes a perfect mix between the genteel and the wild. The elegant and refined interiors, with their damask linens, antique silver and porcelain, create the ideal foil for the rugged bushveld and wildlife outside. Furnished with authentic antiques and memorabilia reminiscent of a stately Settler home from the 1820s, we have added stylish modern comforts such as exquisitely appointed bathrooms, air conditioning, private verandas for each suite and a contemporary farmstyle kitchen. There is also a full size swimming pool and gazebo set amongst rolling lawns, surrounded on all sides by sweeping slopes decorated with hundreds of aloes.
WHY CHOOSE UPLANDS HOMESTEAD?
- Your Out of Africa experience awaits – an intimate colonial-style safari home, ideal for families of up to 6
- Large lawns with pool, private 4×4 safari vehicle, butler, chef, and ranger and tracker team
- Set in a malaria-free Big Five game reserve in the Eastern Cape, the ideal safari ending to a journey along the Garden Route
Kwandwe Uplands Homestead Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019 - 2020||16 January – 30 April 2019||Exclusive Use||ZAR 53340|
|2019 - 2020||01 May – 30 September||Exclusive Use||ZAR 40490|
|2019 - 2020||01 October – 30 April 2020||Exclusive Use||ZAR 55370|
|2020||01 January – 30 April||Exclusive Use||ZAR 55370|
|2020||01 May – 30 September||Exclusive Use||ZAR 44330|
|2020||01 October – 15 January 2021||Exclusive Use||ZAR 61730|
Rates are Per House / Villa unless otherwise specified.
Uplands Homestead rates include:
- Accommodation as specified and transfers to/from the lodge airstrip.
- All meals, soft drinks, South African premium & sparkling wines, local & premium brand spirits, beers, & game drive refreshments.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in open safari vehicle, big game walking safaris, guided bushwalks, fishing, morning visits to the Mgcamabele Community Centre (subject to availability).
- A specialist guide is available every day and guests can enjoy connecting experiences, including big game walking, fishing, birding and photography (shared).
- Ecca Lodge Family Suites and the villas (Uplands Homestead, Melton Manor & Fort House) include private ranger, tracker and vehicle.
- Laundry, child-minding, emergency medical evacuation insurance & VAT.
- Community & Conservation levy per person per night.
- Champagne, cigars, in-room massage treatments, telephone calls, gratuities, and all items of a personal nature.
- Additional specialised safari activities not mentioned on the rate inclusions.
Children of all ages are welcome to Uplands Homestead.
Hiking / Trekking
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve Uplands Homestead
Read Kwandwe Uplands Homestead Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »