Lekkerwater Beach Lodge at De Hoop
A mere three (and a bit) hour drive from Cape Town, in the eastern, most exclusive sector of De Hoop Nature Reserve, is Lekkerwater Beach Lodge at De Hoop.
Lekkerwater itself (literally meaning ‘the place of good water’) offers a homely and comfortable beach experience in a magical setting. Each of the seven rooms are located right on a six-kilometre stretch of private beach, complete with stunning rock pools and fish life. Activities-wise, we’ve got walks with experienced naturalists, an array of fynbos to be discovered, a plethora of marine life to be explored, and a rare vulture breeding colony to be spotted (and that’s without mentioning the whales!)
The seven rooms at Lekkerwater Beach Lodge are positioned along six kilometres of pristine white sand. Our dream was for the spectacular vistas to take centre stage and each is fronted by floor-to-ceiling glass windows that overlook the Indian Ocean and marine life ahead. Each is positioned perfectly for a unique view over the surroundings, and small verandas outside provide the perfect spot to soak up the magic. Inside, the rooms take inspiration from the natural beauty of the reserve and are earthy and comfortable. A wood-burning stove takes away the chill in the winter mornings and evenings and each has an ensuite bathroom with amenities.
WHY CHOOSE LEKKERWATER BEACH LODGE?
- Journey through time in one of the most historic and scenically beautiful locations on the African continent.
- Learn about the marine life, fynbos and pristine environment of the unusual reserve.
- Eat dinner on the beach with the sand between your toes and the region’s finest wines on the table. There certainly aren’t many places to enjoy this in South Africa…
- Experience some of the world’s best land-based whale watching straight from your bedroom.
- Enjoy staying in a cosy and intimate lodge. Here, you will arrive as strangers and depart two days later as friends and comrades
Lekkerwater Beach Lodge at De Hoop Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 April – 31 July||–||ZAR 2950|
|2019 - 2020||01 August 2019 – 30 April 2020||–||ZAR 6400|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Lekkerwater Beach Lodge rates include: All meals, daily activities and local drinks.
Rates exclude: Flights; premium brand beverages; tips & gratuities; personal travel insurance. We are unable to offer laundry facilities in the camp as all laundry is done off site
Children 6 years and over are welcome at Lekkerwater Beach Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Lekkerwater Beach Lodge at De Hoop Reviews
Lekkerwater Beach Lodge at De Hoop Map
De Hoop Nature Reserve, South Africa