Old Mondoro, Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Tented Camp in Zambia
Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Chiawa Camp and Old Mondoro
“Mondoro” in Goba language means Lion. The camp name honours a mythical white lion that used to prowl nearby – although “Old Mondoro” is long gone, his descendants still roam the wilderness of the Lower Zambezi, wild and free.
The effortless and grounded luxury that Chiawa Safaris is known for, is right here at Old Mondoro. An intimate camp of only 5 chalets, the concept of this camp is simple – to provide guests with an authentic and unedited Zambian safari, providing a “back to the bush” atmosphere that centralizes on the wildlife and wilderness experience. That disconnects you from the internet and reconnects you with nature, yourself, and your loved ones.
A destination in itself, Old Mondoro is owned and operated by the Cumings family of the pioneer Chiawa Camp, which boasts enhanced luxuries and bush-sophistication, making a combination safari of these two camps a most rewarding visit to the Lower Zambezi.
WHY CHOOSE OLD MONDORO?
• Incredible wildlife encounters at this quintessential safari camp are those only found in your wildest dreams.
• Under the canopy of winterthorn trees and bordering the mighty Zambezi river, wild animals are part of the camp, sharing in your daily routine.
• Big cat sightings (some of the most prolific leopard sightings to be had in Africa) with the magic of the water providing island-hopping buffalo and elephant, as well as an extreme concentration of hippo.
Old Mondoro Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||1 May– 30 Jun, 16 Oct – 10 Nov||Bush Chalet||US $ 1205|
|2023||1 Jul – 15 Oct||Bush Chalet||US $ 1635|
|2024||1 May– 30 Jun, 16 Oct – 10 Nov||Bush Chalet||US $ 1255|
|2024||1 Jul – 15 Oct||Bush Chalet||US $ 1700|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Old Mondoro rates include:
• Rates are per person, per night – including 16% VAT and transfers between Chiawa Safaris camps and airfields.
• Accommodation – luxury tents at Chiawa Camp & Puku Ridge – Bush Chalets at Old Mondoro – all fully en-suite.
• All meals (private dining available), beverages, house wines, local spirits & laundry.
• Professionally guided safari activities: game drives (day & night), bush *walks, boat trips, angling and *canoe trips.
• Privately guided safari activities will be offered as much as possible.
*NB: Walks & canoe trips restricted to 12+ years of age and at the discretion of the guide. No boating/canoeing/angling in South Luangwa.
Children 8 years and older are welcome at Old Mondoro.
Walks and canoe trips restricted to 12+ years and at the discretion of the guide.
Hiking / Trekking
Old Mondoro Camp, Luangwa, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Read Old Mondoro Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »