Old Mondoro, Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Tented Camp in Zambia
Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Chiawa Camp and Old Mondoro
About an hour east downstream by boat from sister camp Chiawa, Old Mondoro is located in the wonderfully open area of Faidherbia Forest. The camp is a far simpler affair that Chiawa yet the guiding levels, activity choice, service and excellent home-cooking remain are par.
The comfortable rooms are strung out along a hippo-friendly channel off the Zambezi, enjoying great views with their half-height walls and small decks. Activities at Old Mondoro focus on game drives and boating, though the elephant and hippo activity around camp are enough to encourage a lodge-based safari! Tasty meals are served fireside or in the open-sided thatched dining room, and star-gazing in this remote spot makes a perfect pastime.
WHY CHOOSE OLD MONDORO?
- Old Mondoro is acclaimed for its incredible walking safaris – giving you a chance to see, touch and smell the ‘real’ Africa.
- With only 8 beds, Old Mondoro is the Lower Zambezi National Park’s most intimate and private safari camp, exuding charm and charisma like nowhere else
- For those wanting a premier Lower Zambezi safariin a small camp with all the comforts and a fabulous guiding team, inside the national park and at an attractive price look no further than Old Mondoro.
Old Mondoro Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||01 May – 30 Jun; 16 Oct - 14 Nov||Bush Chalet||US $ 985|
|2022||01 Jul – 15 Oct||Bush Chalet||US $ 1340|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Old Mondoro rates include:
• Rates are per person, per night – including 16% VAT and transfers between Chiawa Safaris camps and airfields.
• Accommodation – luxury tents at Chiawa Camp & Puku Ridge – Bush Chalets at Old Mondoro – all fully en-suite.
• All meals (private dining available), beverages, house wines, local spirits & laundry.
• Professionally guided safari activities: game drives (day & night), bush *walks, boat trips, angling and *canoe trips.
• Privately guided safari activities will be offered as much as possible.
*NB: Walks & canoe trips restricted to 12+ years of age and at the discretion of the guide. No boating/canoeing/angling in South Luangwa.
Children 8 years and older are welcome at Old Mondoro.
Walks and canoe trips restricted to 12+ years and at the discretion of the guide.
Hiking / Trekking
Old Mondoro Camp, Luangwa, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Read Old Mondoro Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »