Rufiji River Camp, Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania
A Lodge or Hotel in Tanzania
Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Foxes Safari Camps
Rufiji River Camp is located on the banks of the Rufiji river, in a point where the ample and tranquil river is animated by many and different species of animals.
The tented camp, situated in the heart of the reserve, is environmentally friendly and each tent is equipped with private bathroom and a veranda facing the river. There is a constant flow of animals coming down to drink at the river offering a permanent show to visitors of the camp. The water is usually full of hundreds of hippos as well as groups of crocodiles that laze in the sun on the sandbanks in the river. A structure in the central part of the camp hosts the restaurant, bar and library, all with a view of the river and the sunset.
WHY CHOOSE RUFIJI RIVER CAMP?
- Selous Game Reserve is dominated by the Great and Sprawling Rufiji River, so what better place to stay than right along the banks.
- Rufiji River Camp was redesigned in 2009 to compliment the perfect location on a promontory in the river bank.
- Selous is famed for it’s walking and boating safaris – add on the vehicle safari and the experience is complete.
- Boating safaris in flat bottomed boats are perhaps the most relaxing way to game view.
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Rufiji River Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1 July - 31 October; 24 December - 31 December; 1- 4 January 2023||–||US $ 330|
|2022||1 June - 30 June; 1 November - 23 December||–||US $ 285|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Rufiji River Camp Game package rates include: Full board accommodation, 2 shared game drives in open vehicle with guide, tea, coffee and laundry.
- Children 5 and under complimentary
- Children 6-14 half of adult rate if sharing with 2 adults
Bookings with children 8 and under must book a private vehicle
- Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times, no child activities/babysitting offered in safari camps
Hiking / Trekking
Rufiji River Camp, Tanzania
Read Rufiji River Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »