Somalisa Camp, Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
A Luxury Tented Camp in Zimbabwe
Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
African Bush Camps
Somalisa Camp is set in the heart of Hwange National Park Zimbabwe, and is known as the land of the giants for its big elephant herds. Nestled in a stunning location tucked away on an acacia island along the edge of an ancient seasonal flood plain, Somalisa provides guests with breathtaking views of the savannah plains across the famous Kennedy Vlei line. Recently re-built, Somalisa Camp has upgraded its level of accommodation to that of complete comfort and luxury whilst still maintaining its focus on the guiding and hosting of guests to ensure the ultimate guest experience.
Consisting of seven elegantly furnished Sail Tents with gauze sliding doors, a glass wood-burner fireplace for the cold winter nights, and a floor fan for the hot summer days, each tent has en suite bathroom facilities including flush toilets, an indoor and outdoor shower, as well as a copper slipper-style bathtub.
Activities include guided walks lead by qualified and passionate guides who will share their knowledge and love of the bush with you, game drives and night drives.
WHY CHOOSE SOMALISA CAMP?
- The main decking area includes split level decking with a separate lounge and dining area, as well as a small splash pool for guests overlooking the “Elephant Pool” and a natural waterhole where herds of game congregate to drink and where guests can relax whilst soaking in the African bush.
- Wildlife sightings include elephant, kudu, sable antelope, zebra, wildebeest, gemsbok, the rare and endangered roan antelope, buffalo, giraffe, lion, leopard, hyena, and many other wildlife species.
Somalisa Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2020||Jan, Feb, Mar, Dec||–||US $ 520|
|2020||Apr, May, Nov||–||US $ 651|
|2020||Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct||–||US $ 990|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Somalisa Camp Rates Include:
- All meals
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages, except premium imported spirits and champagne
- Morning & afternoon game drives, walking safaris, Hwange Main Camp village visits, Mambanje Village visit (private vehicle required at associated costs for Mambanje Village Visit).
- Visa Fees
- International / Regional Flights
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Staff Gratuities
Not recommended for children below 7 years.
Hiking / Trekking
Somalisa Camp, Hwange, Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
Read Somalisa Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zimbabwe »