Mara On Horseback – 8 Day Safari in 2023
A Customizable Trip to Kenya
Galloping in the open plains with a herd of zebra or walking quietly by a herd of grazing elephant – riding safaris are an incredibly unique way to explore areas off the beaten track.
Whether it be a morning ride, an alternative activity to the usual game drive or setting off on a week-long mobile riding safari – guests are provided with the rare chance of getting up close to wildlife without affecting their behaviour or intruding in their space.
per person sharing
8 days / 7 nights
Luxury Lodge and Mobile Tented Camps
Lemek Conservancy, Mara North Conservancy, Nairobi
About this Safari
• Guided by a professional riding & safari guide, discover the Masai Mara on horseback; galloping amongst the wildebeest and zebra herds, returning to existing as a human in harmony with the environment.
• Riding between 4-7 hours a day, explore the private conservancies of the Masai Mara, experiencing the abundance of wildlife up close on the back of well-trained, evenly tempered safari horses.
• Spend evenings around the campfire in an exclusive private mobile camp set up in picturesque locations in the Masai Mara.
Costs for this safari –
01 Jan – 31 May & 01 Nov – 19 Dec – $8723
01 Jun – 31 Oct & 20 – 31 Dec – $8819
Day By Day Itinerary
DAY 1: Hemingways Nairobi
Hemingways Nairobi is an opulent luxury hotel with the ambience of a country club.
This boutique hotel, in the leafy suburb of Karen with lovely views over the scenic Ngong Hills, has all of the facilities expected in a modern 5-star hotel. Each of the large……
Contact us for full itinerary
DAY 2 - 7: Lemek & Mara North Conservancies, Masai Mara
Positioned in the most beautiful areas, usually under a canopy of trees or overlooking a stream, a private mobile tented camp is home for the duration of the horse riding safari.
In traditional safari camping style, each tent is furnished with a comfortable bed complete with Egyptian cotton sheets and……
Contact us for full itinerary
DAY 8: Departure
Fly to Nairobi. Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Details of Costs
This cost includes:
• Bed & breakfast accommodation at Hemingways Nairobi
• Full board accommodation in exclusive use mobile tented camp in Masai Mara
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits in the Masai Mara
• Daily horse riding within the Masai Mara conservancies, guided by Professional Riding Guide & Kenya Professional Safari Guide
• Safari activities including day game drives in the Masai Mara Park and conservancy fees
• Late departure from the Masai Mara on Day 8
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet & assist on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
This cost does not include:
• Champagne, luxury spirits and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees
• Rates are based on a group of six guests and are stated on a per person sharing basis; rates for smaller groups are available on request.
• All rides are privately guided by a professional riding guide and conducted in the English style using French cavalry and English general-purpose saddles.
• Each day includes between 4 – 7 hours of horse riding, covering 20 – 30 kilometres per day. Full days of riding when moving camps are alternated with shorter riding days, riding out of camp in the morning and returning for lunch.
• An intermediate level of fitness and riding ability is required, with riders being confident at all paces and weighing under 95kgs. Beginner riders are not accepted.
• Masai Mara campsites are subject to availability, conservancies included in the itinerary are subject to change.
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights, in soft bags.
Mara On Horseback - 8 Day Safari in 2023 Map
Mara North Conservancy, Aitong, Kenya
Best Time to Visit
The Safari begins and ends in Nairobi, Kenya.