Mara On Horseback – 8 Day Safari in 2023
A Customizable Trip to Kenya
Galloping in the open plains with a herd of zebra or walking quietly by a herd of grazing elephant – riding safaris are an incredibly unique way to explore areas off the beaten track.
Whether it be a morning ride, an alternative activity to the usual game drive or setting off on a week-long mobile riding safari – guests are provided with the rare chance of getting up close to wildlife without affecting their behaviour or intruding in their space.
per person sharing
8 days / 7 nights
Luxury Lodge and Mobile Tented Camps
Lemek Conservancy, Mara North Conservancy, Nairobi
About this Safari
• Guided by a professional riding & safari guide, discover the Masai Mara on horseback; galloping amongst the wildebeest and zebra herds, returning to existing as a human in harmony with the environment.
• Riding between 4-7 hours a day, explore the private conservancies of the Masai Mara, experiencing the abundance of wildlife up close on the back of well-trained, evenly tempered safari horses.
• Spend evenings around the campfire in an exclusive private mobile camp set up in picturesque locations in the Masai Mara.
Costs for this safari –
01 Jan – 31 May & 01 Nov – 19 Dec – $8723
01 Jun – 31 Oct & 20 – 31 Dec – $8819
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Day By Day Itinerary
DAY 1: Hemingways Nairobi
Hemingways Nairobi is an opulent luxury hotel with the ambience of a country club.
This boutique hotel, in the leafy suburb of Karen with lovely views over the scenic Ngong Hills, has all of the facilities expected in a modern 5-star hotel. Each of the large……
Contact us for full itinerary
DAY 2 - 7: Lemek & Mara North Conservancies, Masai Mara
Positioned in the most beautiful areas, usually under a canopy of trees or overlooking a stream, a private mobile tented camp is home for the duration of the horse riding safari.
In traditional safari camping style, each tent is furnished with a comfortable bed complete with Egyptian cotton sheets and……
Contact us for full itinerary
DAY 8: Departure
Fly to Nairobi. Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Details of Costs
This cost includes:
• Bed & breakfast accommodation at Hemingways Nairobi
• Full board accommodation in exclusive use mobile tented camp in Masai Mara
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits in the Masai Mara
• Daily horse riding within the Masai Mara conservancies, guided by Professional Riding Guide & Kenya Professional Safari Guide
• Safari activities including day game drives in the Masai Mara Park and conservancy fees
• Late departure from the Masai Mara on Day 8
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet & assist on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
This cost does not include:
• Champagne, luxury spirits and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees
• Rates are based on a group of six guests and are stated on a per person sharing basis; rates for smaller groups are available on request.
• All rides are privately guided by a professional riding guide and conducted in the English style using French cavalry and English general-purpose saddles.
• Each day includes between 4 – 7 hours of horse riding, covering 20 – 30 kilometres per day. Full days of riding when moving camps are alternated with shorter riding days, riding out of camp in the morning and returning for lunch.
• An intermediate level of fitness and riding ability is required, with riders being confident at all paces and weighing under 95kgs. Beginner riders are not accepted.
• Masai Mara campsites are subject to availability, conservancies included in the itinerary are subject to change.
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights, in soft bags.
Mara On Horseback - 8 Day Safari in 2023 Map
Mara North Conservancy, Aitong, Kenya
Best Time to Visit
The Safari begins and ends in Nairobi, Kenya.
Other Recommended Safari Tours
View all safari tours in Kenya »