Angama Mara is a remarkable owner-run safari lodge inspired by the Swahili word for ‘suspended in mid-air’. Located high above the floor of Africa’s Great Rift Valley, Angama Mara overlooks Kenya’s Maasai Mara, considered by many as the loveliest game reserve on the continent.
Here guests will find a lodge where everything is as it ought to be: two intimate camps of just fifteen tented suites each, a private airfield and access to the Mara below, tailor-made safari days and a famously warm Kenyan welcome.
Angama Mara’s elegant and classical tented suites all boast breathtaking views and 11-meter wide floor-to-ceiling glass fronts. Designed by renowned architects Silvio Rech & Lesley Carstens, and crafted by Jan Allan, Kenya’s King of Canvas, the tents perch on the edge of the Great Rift Valley overlooking the lovely Maasai Mara. Discreet and comfortable, the interiors are contemporary yet distinctly African, with splashes of Maasai red complementing handcrafted furniture.
WHY CHOOSE ANGAMA MARA?
- The Mara Triangle is home to Africa’s great mammals, a mere 10 minute drive from the lodge, and guests can experience hot air ballooning, walking safaris, cultural visits to neighbouring Maasai villages – or simply do nothing at all.
- The Maasai Mara never fails to deliver extraordinary wildlife sightings: prides of lion, solitary leopards, the shy black rhino and abundant herds of elephant and buffalo are all to be found here in and amongst bountiful plains game.
- The richness of the Maasai people adds a layer of culture and diversity to Angama Mara’s sense of place.
- Each tent has the same breathtaking view – no one is better than the last – and every day, the sunrise provides guests with early morning theatre as the hot air balloons float gently by.
Angama Mara Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||07 January – 31 May; 01 October – 20 December||–||US $ 1250|
|2019 - 2020||01 June – 30 September; 21 December – 07 January 2020||–||US $ 1775|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Angama Mara rates include:
- Transfers between the lodge and either Angama Mara Airfield or Kichwa Tembo Airstrip.
- All meals and drinks (excluding French Champagne).
- All guided safaris into the Mara Triangle and guided walking safaris on the Escarpment.
- Childminding (from 18:00 to 22:00), laundry service & Wi-Fi.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance, VAT & levies.
Children 6 years and older are welcome at Angama Mara.
Hiking / Trekking
Angama Mara Reviews
Angama Mara Map
Angama Mara, Kenya