Boschendal Farm, Franschhoek, South Africa
A Private Villa or Lodge in South Africa
Franschhoek, South Africa
Agriculture and a simple farm lifestyle is at the heart of Boschendal. One of the oldest farms in South Africa, founded 1685, the farm has grown with the passing centuries into a cherished source of wholesome produce, great wines and happy memories.
Set in the Drakenstein Valley surrounded by dramatic mountain landscapes, lush gardens and vines, the original farmstead complex is now a national monument with a rich and intriguing history of more than 300 years.
Luxurious cottage accommodation ranges from the exclusive and historic Rhodes Cottage built by Sir Herbert Baker and elegant Werf Cottages to the beautifully restored and contemporary Clarence Cottage and Orchard Cottages. Guests enjoy access to the entire farm where they can walk and cycle on trails through mountain fynbos, have dinner under the stars, picnics and sundowners in exclusive areas, fly-fish in the dams and swim in the refreshing mountain water.
WHY CHOOSE BOSCHENDAL FARM?
- The Werf cottages are ideal for romantic weekends. Each cottage has its own fireplace and small kitchen, while the Boschendal restaurant and Deli are within walking distance.
- The focus at Boschendal’s restaurant and deli is to provide flavourful and nourishing farm-to-table food; celebrating the bountiful produce of Boschendal and the Franschhoek valley with menus that shift imperceptibly with the seasons.
- Tie some special flies to tempt the trout in one of the small dams above the vineyards.
- The Boschendal Manor House, Rhone Homestead, The Olive Press, Werf Restaurant and the beautiful gardens are available to host celebrations or events in a relaxed and tranquil environment.
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Boschendal Farm Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1 January – 31 December||Retreat Cottages||ZAR 6347|
|2022||1 January – 31 December||Werf Garden Suite Small||ZAR 6479|
|2022||1 January – 31 December||Werf Garden Suite Large||ZAR 7451|
Rates are Per Suite unless otherwise specified.
Please contact us for detailed rates for the time period you are travelling.
Boschendal Farm rates include:-
- Rates are per cottage per night, quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and include 14% VAT & 1% Tourism levy (subject to change).
- All cottages are serviced daily and have Wi-Fi and DSTV. To alleviate pressure on the area’s increasingly scarce water resources, linen will not be changed every day during a stay unless required.
- All guests have access to farm activities; some of the activities may be at an additional charge.
- 24-hour security.
- WERF and CLARENCE COTTAGES: Includes voucher to be used for breakfast at the Deli or a breakfast basked delivered to the cottage.
- RHODES COTTAGE: Serviced daily by the dedicated Rhodes Cottage butler. Daily breakfast is included and served at the cottage by the butler
Children of all ages are welcome at Boschendal Farm.
Hiking / Trekking
Boschendal, Franschhoek, South Africa
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »