Leeu Estates, Franschhoek, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Franschhoek, South Africa
Per Room Per Night
A member of the
Leeu Estates, an exclusive five-star boutique hotel property with 17 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites, takes central position on 68 hectares of vineyards, landscaped gardens and fynbos (indigenous vegetation) in the Franschhoek valley. Located between the mountain side and river, just minutes away from the village of Franschhoek, it is the ideal setting for an elegant and sophisticated private hideaway, offering superb comfort, fine dining and platinum service. At the centre of this working wine farm is the meticulously refurbished 19th-century Manor House with its six rooms and suites. There are two rooms adjacent to The Manor House, and the remaining rooms and suites are located in spacious cottages among the gardens, oak trees and vineyards.
An expression of love, the Bokkie Garden is very close to owner Analjit Singh’s heart. The Afrikaans word bokkie means small buck but is also a term of endearment used by South Africans, comparable to ‘beloved’ or sweetheart’. Pivotal to the Franchesca Watson designed garden with its herd of small buck is ‘Reflective Resonance’ by acclaimed sculptor Angus Taylor. It is a powerful piece in bronze and Belfast granite that is set to become a Franschhoek landmark.
There are 17 contemporary classic, individually styled rooms and suites filled with customised architectural detailing and tactile textures in a calm colour scheme. Each one features carefully curated artwork and sculptures from various countries, luxurious extras and superbly equipped marble bathrooms. Many have their own terraces and fireplaces, and all enjoy idyllic vineyard and mountain views.
WHY CHOOSE LEEU ESTATES?
- Located on the ground floor of The Manor House at Leeu Estates, The Reading Room is an intimate space with a welcoming wood-burning fireplace.
- Leeu Spa is a wellness sanctuary that offers authentic massages and holistic treatments by expert therapists.
- The Dining Room encourages long, leisurely meals savoured with a fine South African vintage from the cellar.
Leeu Estates Franschhoek Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 May to 31 August||Classic||ZAR 8700|
|2019||01 May to 31 August||Deluxe||ZAR 10700|
|2019- 2020||01 September - 19 December; 01 March 2020 – 30 April 2020||Classic||ZAR 9200|
|2019 - 2020||01 September - 19 December; 01 March 2020 – 30 April 2020||Deluxe||ZAR 12200|
|2019 - 2020||20 December 2019 - 28 February 2020||Classic||ZAR 10000|
|2019 - 2020||20 December 2019 - 28 February 2020||Deluxe||ZAR 14500|
Rates are Per Room Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Leeu Estates rates include:
- Breakfast (07h00–11h00)
- Limited mini bar and Nespresso machine in room
- Unlimited Internet access
- All national phone calls
- Complimentary tasting of Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines at Leeu Estates per guest per stay
- A scheduled shuttle service
- 15% VAT
Leeu Estate rates exclude:
- Meals (except breakfast)
- International phone calls
- Dry-cleaning, laundry and pressing service
- Tourism levy
- Children are welcome and a cot can be made available in any room.
- Children 8 years and younger can be accommodated at no extra cost on a sofa bed in selected rooms; a maximum of two children are permitted per room.
- Children aged 9 – 16 sharing in a room with two adults will be charged R1000 per person per night (maximum one child per room, accommodated on a sofa bed).
- Children six years old and above are welcome to dine under adult supervision. Babysitters are available for booking.
Hiking / Trekking
Leeu Estates, Dassenberg Road, Franschhoek, South Africa
Read Leeu Estates Franschhoek Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »