Kambi ya Tembo, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
A Luxury Tented Camp in Tanzania
Per Room Per Night
A member of the
Tanganyika Wilderness Camps
With views of the Kilimajaro and the endless plains of the African savannah, Kambi ya Tembo is a spectacular camp situated on the north face of the Kilimanjaro with fantastic views of Amboseli and where one can enjoy the wildlife in the front line.
The camp is located in Sinya, a 600 square kilometres concession which offers incomparable scenery with magnificent views of the Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru and the Ol Doinyo Longido and Ol Doinyo Orok peaks. It is one of the only places in Africa where one can observe large bull elephants more than 50 years old with enormous tusks.
The Maasai settlements, known as “bomas”, are scattered around Sinya. The Maasai in Sinya continue to live traditionally, dressed in their colourful blankets and celebrating their traditional ceremonies. They aren’t as used to seeing tourists more common in other areas visited by visitors.
WHY CHOOSE KAMBI YA TEMBO?
- Enjoy a sundowner before dinner, watching the sun go down with spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
- Visit a traditional Maasai village at the end of the afternoon where it’s possible to learn the traditional ways of life of the Maasai tribe.
- A full day excursion, 3 to 4 hours trekking in Kilimanjaro National Park.
- For fans of running, Cross country routes on the plains of Amboseli accompanied by Maasai runners.
Kambi ya Tembo Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2020||01 Jan – 31 Mar; 01 Jun – 31 Oct; 16 Dec – 31 Dec||Single||US $ 386|
|2020||01 Jan – 31 Mar; 01 Jun – 31 Oct; 16 Dec – 31 Dec||Double||US $ 510|
|2020||01 Apr – 31 May||Single||US $ 210|
|2020||01 Apr – 31 May||Double||US $ 280|
|2020||01 Nov – 15 Dec||Single||US $ 297|
|2020||01 Nov – 15 Dec||Double||US $ 393|
Rates are Per Room Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Kambi ya Tembo rates include:
• Full board basis, three meals per day.
• Drinking water.
• Tea & Coffee.
• Kambi ya Tembo Camp includes on top drinks (water & soft drinks and house wines)
Children of all ages are welcome at Kambi ya Tembo.
Hiking / Trekking
Kambi ya Tembo - Elerai Tented Camp, Arusha Region, Tanzania
Read Kambi ya Tembo Reviews TripAdvisor Here
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »