Masai Trails and Jan’s Camp, Masai Mara National Game Reserve, Kenya
A Mobile Safari Camp in Kenya
Masai Mara, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
Maasai Trails is all about enhancing ones understanding of a different culture, exploration, and escaping into a world of breath-taking beauty. Walking along ancient trails left by the Maasai over hundreds of years, guests get to experience the African bush in a different and more fulfilling way than any other safari. Your guides, local Maasai from the Loita area, are eager to share their customs and culture, whilst teaching you the lore of the bush.
The Loita Maasai who lead you on these trails are reputed to be the most conservative of this tribe, dedicated to their traditions, ceremonies and rites of passage. As a people, the Maasai have struggled over the years to maintain their culture and have shied away from large scale developments and lodges that comprise other parts of Eastern Africa… thus is the beauty of Maasai Trails and Jan’s Camp. This small low impact camp and mobile camp are a sustainable method to bring income to the local people whilst protecting the natural surroundings of the Loita Hills and sacred Forest, as well as their culture!
The Trails can vary in number of days and any number of people can join from one up to 14, but the trails stay the same and all begin from Jan’s Camp where the donkeys who carry the camp are weighed and packed. Whether one wants to walk into the sacred Loita forest to a hidden waterfall, to the edge of the Great Rift Valley, or find a way of combining all the trails … the beauty of Maasai Trails is the flexibility, and they are happy to accommodate any experience in this beautiful wilderness.
WHY CHOOSE MASAI TRAILS AND JAN’S CAMP?
- “Fusion Huts” mixture of Maasai construction and modern finishing
- Jan’s camp is the base for all our walking trips in the Loita area. The camp is set on a ridge facing the East and looking over the rolling hills of the Loita Naimina Enkyio forest, the forest of the lost child. It has two different types of accommodation that each complement and enhance their surroundings.
- Each hut has a different character and accommodates 2 people.
Masai Trails and Jan's Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2020||1 Jan - 20 Dec||Oltyiani Trail – 3 nights||US $ 1530|
|2020||1 Jan - 20 Dec||Forest Trail - 4 Nights||US $ 1870|
|2020||1 Jan - 20 Dec||Ol Lasur Trail - 4 Nights||US $ 1870|
|2020||1 Jan - 20 Dec||Great Rift Valley Trial – 5 nights||US $ 2390|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Masai Trails and Jan’s Camp rates include:
- Full board accommodation (bottled water, soft drinks, house wines and non luxury spirits with meals) and sundowners.
- Fully staffed and equipped camps with donkeys for portering
- Two road transfers either from Speke’s Camp or Siana Springs from the Maasai Mara and/or from Karen crossroads in Nairobi.
- Activities – guided walks, cultural visits to Maasai enkangs
Hiking / Trekking
Maasai Trails and Jan's Camp, Narok County, Kenya
Read Masai Trails and Jan's Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »