Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Rwanda
Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is situated on the edge of the Parc National des Volcans in North Western Rwanda, in an undulating area of 11 hectares with fabulous views towards the Parc National des Volcanoes, its 5 volcanoes (comprising part of the Virunga Volcano range) and distant lowland agricultural areas. All guest cottages are discretely and privately situated in the folds of the hills, and each has its own unique view. The altitude of the lodge is approximately 7,000 feet above sea level so the climate is generally cool, and the volcanoes rise to a height of almost 15,000 feet. The lodge has been designed and built by Governors’ Camp but is owned by a community trust called SACOLA. Governors’ Camp leases the lodge from SACOLA, and SACOLA will use rental and other income from Governors’ Camp to finance its socioeconomic development and conservation objectives in the area. Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is therefore an exciting combination of a top quality lodge and a power for driving socioeconomic development and conservation in the areas adjacent to the Parc National des Volcans in Rwanda.
The lodge comprises of a central building, with reception, bar, dining room, library / games room, community awareness centre, client washrooms and a shop. Both the bar and dining room have extensive outdoor decks from which our clients can enjoy the spectacular views. Client accommodation comprises 5 cottages, 2 suites and 1 family suite. All client accommodation rooms have at least one private veranda, a sitting room with fireplace, bedroom, dressing room and a large modern bathroom. The family suite has an extra bedroom and bathroom incorporated.
The lodge is constructed of local stone, finished with an ochre coloured plaster. Terracotta tiled roofs give a stylish contemporary Rwandese flavour. All guest rooms have large windows to make best use of the wonderful views. Double thickness walls maintain the warmth from the fireplaces when it is cold outside, and keep the rooms cool in the warmer weather during the day. The lush gardens have been extensively landscaped.
WHY CHOOSE SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE?
- Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is located close to the headquarters of the Parc National des Volcans from where clients trek on foot to see the magnificent Mountain Gorilla – perhaps one of the most dramatic, thrilling and poignant wildlife experiences possible.
- The family cottage comprises two independent ensuite rooms connected by a shared verandah. The main lodge building comprises reception, sitting room with snug area, dining room, library / games room, a responsible tourism / community awareness room, shop and bathrooms.
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||Jan; Feb; Mar; Nov; 1 – 15 Dec||–||US $ 1020|
|2022||Apr, May||–||US $ 640|
|2022||Jun; July; Aug; Sept; Oct; 16 Dec - 31 Dec||–||US $ 1330|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge rates include:
- ROAD TRANSFER FROM NAIROBI TO LOLDIA HOUSE
- 2 NIGHTS FULL BOARD ACCOMMODATION AT LOLDIA HOUSE
- CONSERVATION FEES AT LOLDIA HOUSE
- ALL ACTIVITIES ON LOLDIA FARM
- AIRSTRIP TRANSFERS ON LOLDIA FARM
- DAY TRIP TO LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
- FLIGHTS FROM LOLDIA TO MASAI MARA
- AIRSTRIP TRANSFERS IN THE MASAI MARA
- 3 NIGHTS FULL BOARD IN THE MASAI MARA
- DRINKS AT IL MORAN CAMP ONLY
- ALL GAME DRIVES IN THE MASAI MARA
- LAUNDRY AND TENT SERVICE
- FLIGHTS FROM MASAI MARA TO NAIROBI WILSON
Children are welcome in the lodge and there is a family cottage specially designed to cater for them. Please note that children under the age of 15 are not permitted to visit the gorillas.
Hiking / Trekking
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, Musanze, Northern Province, Rwanda
Read Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Rwanda »