Sanctuary Olonana, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
A Luxury Tented Camp in Kenya
Masai Mara, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Embrace the serenity and magic of Sanctuary Olonana, where luxury and nature unite for an unforgettable African safari experience. Nestled on a private stretch of river within the Masai Mara, this exquisite lodge is a visual masterpiece that showcases ingenious architecture, artistic interiors and traditional Maasai design elements.
The lodge’s riverside location ensures both intimacy and privacy, with the soothing sounds of the Mara River drowning out any neighbouring noise. Best of all is the thrill of spotting hippos from your private deck, their boisterous wake-up calls an exciting sign of adventures to come. Harmonious interiors, meanwhile, pay homage to the splendour of the region – think sun-bleached floorboards and vibrant hues reminiscent of African wildflowers – while antique, hand-crafted Maasai spears dot the walls, infusing an authentic spirit throughout the space.
Guests can retreat to one of 14 glass-sided suites, which frame captivating views of the extraordinary landscape, to the two-bedroom ultra-luxury Geoffrey Kent Suite, or to one of several glorious communal areas, the walls of which are mudded each year by Maasai women using local, grey clay soil. Step through the dramatic glass doors of the main lounge and arrive at a terrace adorned with faded indigo rugs and elegant pendant lamps, then wander to the cosy boma fire pit beyond. Encircled by deckchairs for intimate gatherings, this spot offers prime river views, perfect for observing the resident hippos.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY OLONANA?
- Located on a private concession bordering the epic Masai Mara
- During annual Wildebeest Migration, the action happens on the camp’s doorstep
- Easily accessible, only a 45 minute flight from Nairobi
- Offers game drives, cultural visits, bush dinners, sundowners, balloon flights and scenic flights
- Gold Eco-Rated by Ecotourism Kenya and winner of “Africa’s Leading Eco-Lodge” in World Travel Awards 2015
Sanctuary Olonana Rates, Activities & Amenities
|01 Apr - 31 May; 01 Nov - 20 Dec
|US $ 990
|03 Jan - 31 Mar; 01 Jun - 15 Jun
|US $ 1155
|16 Jun - 31 Oct; 21 Dec - 02 Jan 2025
|US $ 2250
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Olonana rates include:
- Transfers from/to Kichwa Tembo Airstrip,
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- All game viewing activities, nature walk, Maasai village visit and bush meals,
- Laundry services.
Children of all ages are welcome at Sanctuary Olonana.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Olonana, Narok County, Kenya
Read Sanctuary Olonana Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »