Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp (Kichakani), Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
A Luxury Tented Camp in Tanzania
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Expect a truly extraordinary escape at Sanctuary Kichakani, a mobile camp that follows the exhilarating journey of more a million wildebeest and zebras as they traverse the Serengeti plains during the annual migration cycle. The name ‘Kichakani’ is Swahili for ‘in the bush’, and this is exactly where you will find yourself at this extraordinary camp, a gem that celebrates the ultimate remote, close-to-nature experience.
Accommodations consist of luxurious ochre tents offering true immersion in the life of 19th century explorers, upgraded with contemporary comforts. The stylish furniture, including handcrafted luggage, mid-century modern chairs and characterful cabinets, are all designed to be perfectly portable, allowing for a seamless transition as you travel through the wild. A unique and exciting feature of this camp is its bucket showers: comfortable and free-flowing with hot water, this heritage washing style adds hugely to the sense of adventure.
The camp boasts a grand central area, flowing into lounges and dining wings, all with awe-inspiring panoramas of the stunning surroundings. In the evenings, guests can gather around the traditional fire pit, swap stories under starry skies and listen to passionate guides share their knowledge of wildlife encounters and local legends.
With two locations in the north and south Serengeti, guests can choose the best time to visit depending on their preferences. The northern location showcases an incredible view of wildebeest crossing the Mara River during the great migration from June to November, while the southern location enjoys a prime position for witnessing wildebeest calves, every December to March. Aside from the migration, spectacular predator and prey action is expected from both locations, thanks to an abundance of wildlife, from zebras, wildebeest and gazelles to lions, hyenas, cheetahs and leopards.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY SERENGETI MIGRATION CAMP?
- The camp also features a grand central canopied area where the main tent flows into lounges and dining wings.
- Each tent has a wooden deck perfect for pausing for a just-brewed cup of Tanzania’s finest coffee, and ensuite bathrooms feature authentic bucket showers.
- Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp’s three set locations throughout the year are based on the natural migration path offering wildlife viewing from open plains, sweeping grasslands and rocky kopjes.
Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|03 Jan - 31 Mar; 01 Jun - 02 Jan 2025
|US $ 1350
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp rates include:
- Return transfers from/to the nearest local airstrip,
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- Game drives,
- Laundry services and emergency medical evacuation.
Children 6 years and older are welcome at Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp, Meatu, Shinyanga Region, Tanzania
Read Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »