Serian The Nest, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
A Treehouse in Kenya
Masai Mara, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
What does it take to find the perfect tree house? We looked all over the private Pusinkariak area we call home. Located on the western side of the Mara River and only open to access by foot – thick with trees, valleys, rocks – we kept circling back to one particular spot: fifty metres from the water looking along a stretch that is filled by a raucous pod of hippo. A line of Warburgia stretches along a little draw, and a single tree at the end shows scars: a scratching post for a resident male leopard. The salt lick luring the impala leads to a hippo funnel and their small sandy beach.
With two double nest-shaped beds, plus space for a couple more bedrolls, it can work either as an intrepid sleepover for the adventurer wanting to engage their senses, or a means for a family to realise that inner-child dream of living in a tree-house… This special little spot will add an extra element to a stay at Serian or Ngare Serian.
WHY CHOOSE THE NEST?
- Set in our own 1,500-acre private conservation area, not far upriver from Ngare Serian.
- Perfect for a night out for those staying at Serian or Ngare Serian.
- Also an idyllic picnic spot to incorporate into a walking safari.
- Built 12ft into a Warburgia tree, overlooking the Mara River.
- 2 cosy nest-shaped double beds, plus plenty of space for additional bedrolls for kids.
- Flush toilet up the tree, and bucket shower down below on request.
- Candlelight & kerosene lanterns.
- All-weather and rain-proof.
- Kitted out with infra-red spotlight and night-vision camera for watching nocturnal creatures.
- Book a romantic night in The Nest in the middle of your stay at Serian or Ngare Serian.
Serian's The Nest Rates, Activities & AmenitiesNo rates available online at the moment. Please contact us for further information.
Masai Mara National Reserve, Narok County, Kenya
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »