The Elephant Camp
The Elephant Camp is nestled on a ridge between the Masuwe River and the Zambezi gorges, giving guests an uninterrupted view of the breath-taking spray that swells above the Victoria Falls rainforest. Set against a backdrop of indigenous teak woodland, the imaginative use of eco-friendly canvas tents allows this unique camp to live in harmony with the surrounding environment.
Two camps flow from the African landscape. The Elephant Camp Main which consists of 12 luxury suites and The Elephant Camp West consisting of only four suites.
The luxury suites each boast a private plunge pool and viewing deck, ensuring that wherever guests may be, the exquisite scenery is just a glance away.
The Lookout Café is a semi open-air café, offers a menu of fresh, modern cuisine, refreshing beverages and one of the best views in Victoria Falls. Perched 120 metres above the turbulent rapids of the Zambezi River, the café overhangs the spectacular chasm of the Batoka Gorge, just downriver from the iconic Victoria Falls Bridge, which forms part of itsspectacular backdrop.
WHY CHOOSE THE ELEPHANT CAMP?
- The Elephant Camp offers close interaction with wildlife – in particular elephant at the Wild Horizons Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Enjoy a short transfer to a scenic spot on our Private concession overlooking the Batoka Gorge and surrounding bushland.
- Enjoy spectacular Birding and Nature Walks on the Wild Horizons Concession.
- Visit The Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust (VFTW), located on the same concession as The Elephant Camp.
The Elephant Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||11 January - 31 March; 01 November - 20 December||–||US $ 478|
|2019||01 April - 31 October; 21 December 2019 to 10 January 2020||–||US $ 596|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
The Elephant Camp rates include:
- Accommodation & all meals, local brand drinks & house wines, complimentary mini bars in the rooms
- VAT on accommodation, meals and drinks
- Return Victoria Falls Airport transfers & two transfers to Victoria Falls town per day
- Laundry (No dry-cleaning or special care items)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation cover
- Meeting the Wild Horizons elephants (hKp://www.wildhorizons.co.za/elephants/#background)
- Sundowners at the Batoka Gorge
- Interaction with Sylvester, Cheetah Ambassador (At management discretion)
- Birding & Nature walks on the concession
- Village Tour
- Visit to the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust (hKp://www.vicfallswildlifetrust.org)
- Lunch at the Lookout Cafe – On Request (Including drinks)
Children over the age of 7 are most welcome at The Elephant Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
The Elephant Camp Reviews
The Elephant Camp Map
The Elephant Camp, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe