The Elephant Camp West
The Elephant Camp West’s four suites cater for groups and families traveling to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. The suites are of the same size, style and design as the current rooms at The Elephant Camp. Each suite has a bedroom area (interchangeable beds to suit king or twin), a lounge area with comfortable fold-out sleeper-couch style beds which enable the room to cater for small families, a spacious bathroom (bath with a view, indoor & outdoor showers) as well as a private deck and plunge pool overlooking the Victoria Falls National Park with spectacular views of the spray of the Falls on the horizon. The camp serves as an extension of The Elephant Camp, Victoria Falls, as well as a stand-alone facility offering an exclusive experience for up to 16 guests.
The camp has a beautiful central lounge area with bar and indoor dining room. The expansive deck offers an ideal alfresco dining location – perfect for savoring culinary excellence, whilst taking in the sweepings vistas of Africa. Cuisine is of the same high standard as that offered by The Elephant Camp; catering staff are managed by the Executive Chef from The Elephant Camp. During construction of The Elephant Camp West bush clearing was kept to a bare minimum in accordance with Wild Horizons’ environmental policy. The suites were sited to maximize privacy through the use of existing trees and vegetation. Other green initiatives implemented include using ‘grey water’ systems, worm farms for bio-waste and solar water heaters as well as the planting of 50 indigenous trees and the establishment of a nursery to ensure the continued forestation of the Sanctuary.
WHY CHOOSE THE ELEPHANT CAMP WEST?
- Guests can appreciate the serenity and tranquility of the African bush, yet remain in close range to the variety of attractions and activities that the town has to offer.
- Enjoy spectacular Birding and Nature Walks on the Wild Horizons Concession.
- The village tour enables you to see rural Zimbabwean life first hand and will give you great insight into how the majority of Zimbabwe’s citizens live on a day to day basis.
The Elephant Camp West Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2018 - 2019||11 January ’18 - 31 March ’18; 01 November ’18 - 20 December ‘18||–||US $ 455|
|2018 - 2019||01 April ‘18 - 31 October ’18; 21 December ’18 - 10 January ‘19||–||US $ 567|
|2018 - 2019||11 January ’19 - 31 March ’19; 01 November ’19 - 20 December ‘19||–||US $ 478|
|2018 - 2019||01 April ‘19 - 31 October ’19; 21 December ’19 - 10 January ‘20||–||US $ 596|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
The Elephant Camp West rates include:
- Accommodation & all meals, local brand drinks & house wines, complimentary mini bars in the rooms
- VAT on accommodation, meals and drinks
- Return Victoria Falls Airport transfers & two transfers to Victoria Falls town per day
- Laundry (No dry-cleaning or special care items)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation cover
- Meeting the Wild Horizons elephants (hcp://www.wildhorizons.co.za/elephants/#background)
- Sundowners at the Batoka Gorge
- Interaction with Sylvester, Cheetah Ambassador (At management discretion)
- Birding & Nature walks on the concession
- Village Tour
- Visit to the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust (hcp://www.vicfallswildlifetrust.org)
- Lunch at the Lookout Cafe – On Request (Including drinks)
Children over the age of 7 are most welcome at The Elephant Camp West.
Hiking / Trekking
The Elephant Camp West Reviews
The Elephant Camp West Map
The Elephant Camp West, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe