Chad Safari Tours – 2022
Travel to Chad: Zakouma, Ennedi & Beyond
Allow us to hold the door open for you to the diverse wildlife, landscapes, and cultures Chad has in store for the few but lucky tourists it receives. From those who have visited the top safari destinations in Eastern and Southern Africa and now thirst for more adventure, to those who prefer to start journeys off the beaten path, Chad contains a wealth of exploratory potential.
Begin your journey in N’Djamena and then let us guide you into the heart of Zakouma National Park. If you are looking for something even more offbeat we can help plan your journey to Ennedi or Binder-Léré Faunal Reserve or even Manda National Park.
Browse our Favourite Chad Safaris & Tours for 2022
Looking for the Best Chad Safari Tours & Packages? While some of the itineraries mentioned here are for scheduled group trips, please know that it is possible to customise a private safari to Chad as well.
Chad: A Country of Marvels
● The Ennedi Cultural Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage site and protected by African Parks (AP). The one and only picture-book Sahara Desert & its incredible rock formations
● Prehistoric rock paintings and petroglyphs showing people dancing, herding, and hunting, and depicting the wildlife that flourished millenia ago
● Ouadi-Rimé Ouadi-Achim Game Reserve in Central Chad---base of the Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF) for the reintroduction of some of the rarest species of desert wildlife on earth!
● Scimitar-horned oryx, Addax, Dama gazelles, Dorcas gazelles and Barbary ostrich...some of which had been declared extinct in the wild.
● Rarest of rare antelope and bird species on the IUCN Red List
● Zakouma National Park. The park has been under the protection of AP for the last 10 years. Before that, it had been a place of carnage for elephants, poaching had ravaged its herds, but AP successfully locked it down. It's one of the great present day success stories in conservation when so much of the news is negative.
● The elephants of Zakouma National Park and their story of hope
● Flocks of birds that completely blanket the sky and earth
Tchad has true otherworldly beauty: seas of orange-yellow sand, multi-coloured oases, and surreal rock formations. After all, most of the country is a part of the Sahara Desert. But Tchad also has one of the world's largest single herd of elephants, many lions, some surprising rhino and cheetah, 70% of the world’s rare Kordofan giraffe and over 10,000 Central African savanna buffalo, which range in colour from jet-black to magenta.
This is wild adventuring, including driving across seas of sand, seeing rock paintings that are 1000s of years old, and coming face to face with elephants whose recovery is one of the most heartwarming of wildlife conservation stories in the modern era.
But that's not all. Meet dromedaries. See the Toubou. Visit a guelta. What are these? Read on. And last but not least - in these times, if you are looking for a holiday with an emphasis on isolation, then look no further than Tchad. Truly.
A trip in splendid isolation to the interiors of Chad, including the Ennedi Cultural Reserve (a UNESCO World Heritage site protected by African Parks), home to the one and only picture-book Sahara Desert & its incredible rock formations; next is Ouadi-Rimé Ouadi-Achim Game Reserve in Central Tchad---base of the Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF) for the reintroduction of some of the rarest species of desert wildlife on earth! And finally, Zakouma National Park!
Chat with a Specialist!
Our safari specialists have travelled the length and breadth of Africa over the last 35 years. We’d love to help plan your safari. Get in touch with us here »