Karen Blixen Camp, Mara North Conservancy, Kenya
A Tented Camp in Kenya
Mara North Conservancy, Masai Mara, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
The Camp is situated in southern Kenya on the north-western border of the famed Masai Mara Reserve in the Great Plains Masai Mara North Conservancy. Set on the banks of the Mara River on 700 Acres piece of private land leased from a Maasai Landlords. With the impressive escarpment in front of the Camp, and the great Mara plains behind the Camp where the Mara River provides the focal point – the location is spectacular. The river, runs the length of the property and provides a constant source of water for the thirsty plains game that come to drink throughout the course of the day including zebra, impala, elephant, giraffe and many more, whilst the resident hippo pod in front of the restaurant provide hours of entertainment as they spend their day frolicking in the river.
Karen Blixen Camp offers an authentic ‘yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari, where one can obtain a sense of the exiting explorer days when such areas were seldom visited and sometimes after months of traveling – elaborate and comfortable camps were set up providing a luxurious and stylish retreat to come back to at the end of each days adventure. Most of the Camp furniture has been specifically designed and made for Karen Blixen Camp to fit in with this exciting era where one can sit back and relax with a gin and tonic overlooking the river.
WHY CHOOSE KAREN BLIXEN CAMP?
- The location of Karen Blixen Camp allows guests to experience wildlife from a prime position where this area is famed for the renowned migration of approximately 1 million wildebeest, zebra and antelopes on their annual trek between the Serengeti and the Masai Mara in search of water and grazing.
- Walks with our knowledgeable and experienced guides and Maasai rangers are also very popular and allow for some really memorable moments and a chance to see the bush from a very different perspective.
- For those that want a little exercise, or to simply relax there is a swimming pool with sun-beds and umbrellas which is located in a quiet corner behind the mess.
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Karen Blixen Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||01 April – 30 June||–||US $ 459|
|2022||03 January – 31 March; 01 November – 22 December||–||US $ 571|
|2022||01 July – 31 October; 23 December – 02 January 2023||–||US $ 645|
|2023||01 April – 30 June||–||US $ 444|
|2023||03 January – 31 March; 01 November – 22 December||–||US $ 552|
|2023||01 July – 31 October; 23 December – 02 January 2024||–||US $ 623|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Karen Blixen Camp rates include:
• Full board accommodation
• Water, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local beers, house wines, selected spirit and vodka.
• Unlimited shared game drives per day (optional full day game drive).
• One night game drive within Mara North Conservancy
• Return airstrip transfers in Mara
• Guided camp eco walk
• Visit to the Cooking School and bead project when in session
Children of all ages are welcome at Karen Blixen Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Karen Blixen Camp Masai Mara, Masai Mara, Kenya
Read Karen Blixen Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »