Sanctuary Swala, Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
A Luxury Tented Camp in Tanzania
Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Sanctuary Swala is an exquisite camp that offers an exclusive safari experience in the heart of Maasai country. Located deep inside the Tarangire National Park, one of Tanzania’s most captivating but least-visited wilderness regions, every detail of this camp has been consciously crafted to bring guests close to nature. From its unique position under a canopy of mature acacia trees and eco-friendly design to the picturesque surroundings of savannah and towering baobab forests, Sanctuary Swala delights at every turn.
With nature comes incredible wildlife interaction: ‘Swala’ (antelope in Swahili) alludes to a resident herd of impala, who gather close to camp at night, seeking safety from after-dark predators. Admire the view from one of just twelve luxurious safari tents, which join a series of welcoming communal spaces that blend chic styling with relaxed open-air living, perfect for contemplation and repose. An elevated dining area, lounge and library built on stilts provides a tranquil retreat with a panoramic view of the park, complete with traditional thatched roofs to keep the interiors cool in the heat of the day. In this peaceful place, the only sound you will hear is the hum of nature and soothing birdsong, courtesy of some 23 species that are endemic to this special corner of Africa.
Swala has a strong relationship with the neighbouring community and actively supports them in various ways, including commissioning local artisans to make bespoke pieces, evident in the artistic and atmospheric design details of the camp. The wooden decking, guest rooms and outdoor showers have all been fashioned by the skilled hands of local craftsmen using narrow sticks to create beautiful screens and partitions, striking baskets that adorn the entrance to the reception.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY SWALA?
- Located in an exclusive pocket of Tarangire National Park
- Tripadvisor guest reviews voted Sanctuary Swala as No. 1 out of 18 lodges and camps in the Tarangire National Park
- Variety of activities include morning and evening game drives, walking and night game drives
- An infinity swimming pool overlooking a water hole frequented by game
- Sundowners, bush dinners and picnics
- An opportunity to visit Sanctuary Retreats Philanthropy Projects including Mwika beekeeping project
Sanctuary Swala Rates, Activities & Amenities
|03 January - 31 March; 01 November - 20 December
|US $ 1250
|01 June - 31 October; 21 December - 02 January 2025
|US $ 1650
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Swala rates include:
- Return transfers from/to the nearest local airstrip,
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- Game drives,
- Laundry services.
Children aged 12 years and above are welcome at Sanctuary Swala.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Swala Camp, Babati, Manyara Region, Tanzania
Read Sanctuary Swala Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »