Per Person Per Night
Situated on the banks of the Sangha River in the Dzanga-Sangha special reserve, Sangha lodge is the perfect spot from which to explore the lowland gorillas and forest elephants of Dzanga-Sangha National Park.
The lodge consists of 7 well appointed bungalows, each with its own ensuite bathroom, with hot and cold running water and flush toilets. A small kitchen produces simple yet tasty Western and African foods and a well stocked bar with cold drinks always ensure a cold drink at the end of the day on your return.
The lodge is a great place not only to stay for lowland gorilla safaris in Dzanga Sangha, but is also great for birdwatching.
WHY CHOOSE SANGHA LODGE?
- Elephants at Dzanga, and habituated gorillas are easy to see all year round.
- Dzanga Bai is large mineral rich clearing in the middle of the rain forest where forest elephants gather in large numbers to indulge in drinking the mineral rich waters that bubble up in places in this Bai.
- Heading upriver by boat you will hike to a series of waterfalls in the area.
- Climbing to the top of the falls will provide vistas over the canopy of the forest while the possibility of seeing the extremely rare and endangered Grey-necked Rock fowl will excite any birders.
- In the evening you may do a night walk near the lodge with the hope of finding some of the more elusive nocturnal animals such as Potto, Thomas’s Galago, Tree Pangolin, African Palm Civet, Frazer’s Eagle Owl, Vermiculated Fishing Owl and several more.
Sangha Lodge Rates, Activities & AmenitiesNo rates available online at the moment. Please contact us for further information.
Sangha Lodge Reviews
Sangha Lodge Map
Sangha Lodge, Central African Republic