Per Person Per Night
Situated on the banks of the Sangha River in the Dzanga-Sangha special reserve, Sangha lodge is the perfect spot from which to explore the lowland gorillas and forest elephants of Dzanga-Sangha National Park.
The lodge consists of 7 well appointed bungalows, each with its own ensuite bathroom, with hot and cold running water and flush toilets. A small kitchen produces simple yet tasty Western and African foods and a well stocked bar with cold drinks always ensure a cold drink at the end of the day on your return.
The lodge is a great place not only to stay for lowland gorilla safaris in Dzanga Sangha, but is also great for birdwatching.
WHY CHOOSE SANGHA LODGE?
- Elephants at Dzanga, and habituated gorillas are easy to see all year round.
- Dzanga Bai is large mineral rich clearing in the middle of the rain forest where forest elephants gather in large numbers to indulge in drinking the mineral rich waters that bubble up in places in this Bai.
- Heading upriver by boat you will hike to a series of waterfalls in the area.
- Climbing to the top of the falls will provide vistas over the canopy of the forest while the possibility of seeing the extremely rare and endangered Grey-necked Rock fowl will excite any birders.
- In the evening you may do a night walk near the lodge with the hope of finding some of the more elusive nocturnal animals such as Potto, Thomas’s Galago, Tree Pangolin, African Palm Civet, Frazer’s Eagle Owl, Vermiculated Fishing Owl and several more.
Sangha Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019 - 2020||01 January 2019 until 31 March 2020||–||US $ 845|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sangha Lodge rates include:
- Airport meet & greet, return road transfers between Brazzaville hotel and the airport.
- Accommodation, meals, house wine, beer, spirits, water and soft drinks (excludes connoisseur wine, champagne and imported spirits).
- Daily guided activities, such as gorilla tracking (excluding permits), boating, kayaking, wading, forest & baï walking, waterfall hike, valley of the giants and hunting with the Ba’Aka (pygmy) where relevant.
- Laundry and internet access (limited Wi-Fi available in camps).
All children are welcome at the lodge, though not during set departures. Also bear in mind that children must be 16 and older to participate in the gorilla tracking experience, though may be younger for the other activities.
Hiking / Trekking
Duration: 12 Days / 11 Nights
Starting From: US $14,040
Duration: 11 Days / 10 Nights
Starting From: US $12,950