El Karama Lodge, Laikipia, Kenya
A Lodge or Hotel in Kenya
Per Person Per Night
El Karama is situated centrally within Laikipia District, in the 40,000 square km Ewaso ecosystem that boasts more diversity of fauna and flora than any other region in Kenya.
The Lodge is located on the Ewaso Nyiro River. It enjoys views of Mt Kenya, the Aberdares and Loldaiga hills. It is the nearest and therefore the most accessible property to Nanyuki town and airstrip.
Built by the Grant family (cattle ranchers) who has an artistic heritage means the lodge has a strong artistic style throughout. All bandas are made with stone/ wood/ thatch from the ranchitself giving it a very authentic feel.
WHY CHOOSE EL KARAMA LODGE?
- Lodge is on private property so you can do what you want when you want unlike national parks and conservancies.
- Owner run, 4th generation Kenyan authentic but progressive property.
- Only one lodge on property with 3 vehicles on property at any given time.
- Hugely private and strong family friendly feel.
- Enjoys views of Mt Kenya, the Aberdares and Loldaiga hills
- Usual Laikipia wildlife (elephant, lions, leopard, cheetah, hippo etc.). Unique Northern Kenya five (Besia Oryx, Somali Ostrich, Grevy Zebra, Gerenuk Antelope & Vulturine Guinea Fowl).
- 427 bird species identified on the ranch making it an ‘Important Bird Status’ area. (Rhino experience 40 mins away.)
El Karama Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||6 Dec -10 April, 1 Jun – 31 Oct||MAIN LODGE||US $ 650|
|2023||6 Dec -10 April, 1 Jun – 31 Oct||RIVER COTTAGES||US $ 700|
|2023||1 Nov – 5 Dec, 11 Apr – 31 May||MAIN LODGE||US $ 550|
|2023||1 Nov – 5 Dec, 11 Apr – 31 May||RIVER COTTAGES||US $ 600|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
El Karama Lodge rates include:
• All meals and bush meals
• House drinks
• A guide and shared vehicle for game drives, night drives and
• other activities
• Guided walking activities
• Adventure fly camping
• Farm, boma and garden visits
• Bush School kids’ programme
• Volleyball, jogging, use of yoga mats
• Transfers from Conservancy airstrip
Children of all ages are welcome at El Karama Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
El Karama Eco-Lodge, Kenya
Read El Karama Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »