Laikipia Wilderness Camp
Laikipia Wilderness Camp is a small and personal bush camp with just 5 tents catering for 10 guests, en suite open air bathrooms with hot and cold running water. The camp has beautiful views of Mt Kenya and the wilderness and blends sympathetically into this stunning area of true wilderness. We specialize in making each day an adventure and will suggest a programme designed to suit you. We offer game drives and walking safaris which can be focused on specific interests such as photography, tracking game on foot, following specific species and watching animal behavior. With three children of our own here in camp we welcome visitors of all ages. The camp consists of a tented mess building with dining room, bar and sitting room/library, and a deck in front with open camp-fire in the evenings.
WHY CHOOSE LAIKIPIA WILDERNESS CAMP?
- The area is fantastic for big numbers of elephants, giraffe, hippo, Grevy’s zebra, leopard, wild dog, lion, striped and spotted hyena, aardwolf, aardvark, and over 280 species of birds.
- The walking safaris use a lightweight mobile camp, enabling us to follow the wildlife and adventure rather than a set route.
- Laikipia is like nowhere else in Africa. Miles and miles of unfenced wilderness, beautiful scenery, wildlife that is on the increase and in greater numbers than anywhere else in Kenya except the Mara.
- Amidst this scenery there are large numbers of elephants in smaller herds than in some parts of the country, a sign of being unstressed.
Laikipia Wilderness Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||JULY; AUG; SEPT; OCT; DEC 15 – 31; JAN; FEB||–||US $ 530|
|2019||MARCH; APRIL;MAY; JUNE; NOV; DEC 1 – 14||–||US $ 430|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Laikipia Wilderness Camp rates include:
- Meals, local drinks, activities including game drives, night drives, walking, wild dog tracking, fly-camping, fishing, rafting (when water levels permit), bush meals, laundry, late departure no extra charge
- Conservation Fees are non-commissionable. Trade discount applies to accommodation package only
- Single Supplement waived for 2018
- Children under 5 are FOC and will be welcomed but by special arrangement, please feel free to discuss with us
Children of all ages are welcome at Laikipia Wilderness Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Laikipia Wilderness Camp Reviews
Laikipia Wilderness Camp Map
Laikipia Wilderness Camp, Kenya