Rocktail Camp, Zululand, South Africa
A Tented Camp in South Africa
Zululand, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
Rocktail is set back in and shaded by the sanctuary of the lush Maputaland Coastal Forest covering the ancient dunes that make up the edge of South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal coast. With the Maputaland Marine Reserve just offshore and the beach a brisk 20-minute walk from the camp, there are plenty of seaside adventures just waiting to be experienced.
Each of its 16 rooms has an en-suite bathroom and an open-feel indoor shower. Six of these are family units with a shared bathroom and two bedrooms for two adults and two children. A honeymoon unit has wonderful views over the ocean and dune forest. The main area boasts a central dining room, bar and lounge with large wrap-around veranda, a raised viewing deck, wine cellar, large pool, curio shop and children’s playroom.
WHY CHOOSE ROCKTAIL CAMP?
- One of the best places in the world for scuba diving and snorkelling
- The pristine golden beaches are a perfect family playground
- During summer, sea turtles come ashore at night to lay their eggs in the sand
Rocktail Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||11 Jan -31 Jan||–||ZAR 3875|
|2019||1 Feb - 31 Mar||–||ZAR 3420|
|2019||1 Apr - 30 Apr||–||ZAR 3875|
|2019||1 May - 30 Jun||–||ZAR 3420|
|2019||1 Jul – 31 Aug||–||ZAR 3950|
|2019||1 Sep – 30 Nov||–||ZAR 3480|
|2019||1 Dec – 10 Jan 2020||–||ZAR 3950|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Rocktail Camp rates include accommodation, all meals from snacks on arrival on Day 01, activities as specified in the detailed itinerary, laundry, scheduled transfers between the camp and Coastal Cashews, 14% VAT and Satour Tourism Levy.
Excluded from the rate are all flights, all drinks, visas, compulsory insurance, all relevant entry and departure government taxes, all personal purchases, gratuities, optional extra activities, pre and post safari tours, park fees and meals or accommodation before or after the safari.
- Children of all ages are accommodated and partake in activities with all other guests.
- Children up to 16 years must share with an adult/s in the same tent.
- The minimum age for scuba diving is 08 years in the pool and 10 years in the open sea.
- While we do not have an age limit for the turtle drives, these research drives take place only at night and during low tide, with the duration of the drives being entirely dependent on what turtles may be seen. It is, therefore, not recommended for very young children.
Hiking / Trekking
Rocktail Beach Camp, Nomvunya, South Africa
Read Rocktail Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
View all accommodation options in South Africa »