Majority of visitors will require a visa to enter Madagascar. Since obtaining a visa on arrival is not guaranteed, we recommend all travelers obtain a visa prior to their journey.
Typical Passport Requirements
Most countries in Africa require a passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of travel and between 2 – 6 consecutive blank pages. Please verify the exact requirements prior to travel.
General Documents required for obtaining a Madagascar tourist visa
- Valid passport
- Visa application duly filled out, dated and signed.
- Two (02) recent photographs
- A copy of the round trip ticket (bearing the name of the applicant)
- Payment of the visa fee (Cash, money order or cashier’s check, no personal check)
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required if the traveler stayed in an affected area six (06) days prior to the trip
Madagascar Visa requirements for US citizens
US citizens require a visa to enter Madagascar. Please check requirements with the Embassy of Madagascar closest to you.
Madagascar Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Indian citizens require a visa to enter Madagascar. Please check requirements with the Embassy of Madagascar closest to you.