Marataba Trails Lodge, Marakele National Park, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Marakele National Park, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Marataba is a malaria-free 23,000 hectare private concession within the Big 5 Marakele National Park (Limpopo, South Africa). Just four hours from Johannesburg, this is a sanctuary where busy people can find themselves again by connecting with nature. We were rendered breathless by the dramatic Waterberg mountains, vast plains, rich animal diversity and winding rivers cutting through the landscape of the Marakele National Park.
Rich red mountain rock meets lush green plains (where you will find yellowwood and cedar trees, 5m high cycads and tree ferns). All of the large game species from elephant and rhino to the big cats, as well as an amazing variety of birds (including the largest colony of endangered Cape vultures in the world, with more than 800 breeding pairs) have settled here.
WHY CHOOSE MARATABA TRAILS LODGE?
- Nowhere else in Africa do you find such a magnificent landscape. Mountains meet plains, and vast waterways cut their way across the undulating terrain.
- Only Marataba Safari Lodge and Marataba Trails Lodge share 27000 hectares of pristine natural ground, promising a highly personal and exclusive private safari experience.
- The Marakele National Park holds a truly immense variety of mammals that are readily seen. Home to the second largest Cape Vulture colony (numbering between 600 and 800 pairs), the mountains are also a safe haven to a number of interesting and unique plant, mammal and bird species.
- Two Lodges appeal to different markets. Marataba Safari Lodge offers the traditional private safari experience (with the MORE twist!), while Marataba Trails Lodge is for seasoned hikers who enjoy being one on one in an utterly remote wilderness environment.
- The safari experience is not only on ‘terra firma’. Guests are able to enjoy a water safari on board Miss Mara.
Marataba Trails Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||4 Jan – 30 April||–||ZAR 10095|
|2019||1 May – 31 Aug||–||ZAR 8580|
|2019||1 Sep – 30 Nov||–||ZAR 11210|
|2019||1 Dec – 17 Dec||–||ZAR 8580|
|2019||18 Dec – 3 Jan 2020||–||ZAR 12900|
|2020||4 Jan - 30 April||–||ZAR 10905|
|2020||1 May - 31 August||-||ZAR 9265|
|2020||1 Sept - 30 Nov||-||ZAR 12110|
|2020||1 Dec - 19 Dec||-||ZAR 9265|
|2020||20 Dec 2020 - 3 Jan 2021||-||ZAR 13930|
|2021||4 Jan - 30 April 2021||-||ZAR 11780|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Marataba Trails Lodge rates include :- Luxurious accommodation in a Tented Suite; Three meals per day; Afternoon High Tea; Well stocked mini bar in room; Beverages and selected snacks (all soft drinks; teas/ coffees and selection of beers, spirits & house wines); Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified Field Guides; Safari Sundowners, including beverages and canapés; Ms. Mara water safaris; Wildlife lectures; Bush breakfasts, picnic lunches and our spectacular bush dinners under the African stars; Children’s activities; Wi-Fi.
Children of all ages are welcome to Marataba Trails Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Marataba Trails Lodge, Ellisras, Limpopo, South Africa
Read Marataba Trails Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »