International travellers visiting Kenya for tourism require a visa, unless exempt. There are several countries exempt from requiring visas and this makes travel to Kenya a breeze.
If you do require a visa to enter Kenya, you can either get it from your country of residence or on arrival in Kenya (although this rule is subject to change in the near future. )
List of countries exempt from Kenya Visas
Citizens of following countries do not require Kenya Visas: Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Burundi, Cyprus, Darussalam, Dominica, Fiji Island, Ghana, Grenada, Jamaica, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia (For less than 30 days stay), Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, New Guinea, Papua, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa (For less than 30 days stay), St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St.Kitts and Nevis, St.Lucia, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Bahamas, Tobago, Tonga, Trinidad, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Documents required for a Kenya visa
- Kenyan visa application form. Upon order completion, please download, print and sign Kenya visa application, prepared by our system under your account.
- Original, signed passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Passport-type photographs: 2
- Proof of status. Copy of Green Card (both sides) or other proof of legal status in the US (such as copy of I-20, US visa, H1B approval notice, etc. VisaHQ cannot assist US B1/B2 visa holders at this time.)
- Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
We recommend that you verify the above details in the new eCitizen portal of the Kenyan government.
The New eCitizen
Kenya has recently launched eCitizen, an easy-to-use and efficient e-visa service, where all nationals requiring a visa can log onto the online portal and apply for their Kenya entry visa before travel. Read our step by step guide on how to apply for a Kenya visa online.
At present (February 2016), visas are also available on arrival in Kenya. However, this is subject to change in the near future.
Kenya Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Citizens of India require a visa to enter Kenya. If you are applying from India, please visit this link to know the full requirements for Kenyan visa for Indian citizens.